Saturday, April 17, 2010

Hollywood's Representation of Writers

I settled down to write a few days ago, and before I started I tuned the TV to AMC . There's nothing like listening to old movies in the background to get those creative juices flowing. Anyway, during one of the commercials I was surprised to realize that the 30th anniversary of "The Shining"  is quickly approaching. In case you've been living under a rock for your entire life, "The Shining" is a movie about an author and his family who end up in the world's creepiest hotel while he works on his most recent project. Long story short, this project ends up being the one that makes him lose his marbles, and the result is an intensely creepy horror movie.

Thinking back to this movie got me thinking about all of the films I've seen or heard of that are basically outlandish representations of the lives of authors/ writers. Whether they are completely ridiculous or not, they are often incredibly interesting and something worthwhile to occupy your downtime. Here are a few clips or trailers of these movies, enjoy!

Movies I've Seen and Enjoyed:

THE SHINING



SEX AND THE CITY



ALEX AND EMMA



SECRET WINDOW



JULIE AND JULIA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This

ShareThis