Monday, February 8, 2010

Dream Big, Little Girl

We all have a list, a list of things we want to accomplish before it becomes too late, and if your list is like mine, it can look a little overwhelming. For the past four years I have slowly been making my way through my life’s list, and I am finally at the task that I am most excited about: writing a novel. So far, this has been one of the most difficult of my undertakings which have run the gamut from conquering my fear of roller-coasters to getting a full-ride to college.

This goal is one that I am most excited to accomplish, and if, like me, you have always wanted to sit down and try your hand at writing a book, I will be sharing with you everything I have learned from my experience thus far. Like most of you, completing a novel is something I have never successfully attempted before, so to get through it in one piece I relied heavily on the support of my friends, family, and professors who helped me to battle one of my arch-enemies, procrastination.

So in the spirit of anti-procrastination, let’s get started! In this blog you can look forward to tales of triumph, tragedy, and a few motivational tidbits here and there to help you along the way as you plan, prepare, and attempt to get your manuscripts published.

“And by the way, everything in life is writable if you have the outgoing guts to do it and the imagination to improvise. The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt.” Sylvia Plath

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This

ShareThis